A disability that results in lack of movement control due to damage or abnormal development of the brain. Clients may be spastic or have uncontrolled movements so our goal is to try to control these spasms and movements to try to settle the nervous system down and retrain it to make the muscles stronger in a functional way.
Ways we can help
- Increased strength of core and limbs
- Improved cardiovascular endurance
- Maintenance of bone density
- Improved range of motion
- Reduced muscle spasms and spasticity
- Improved mobility and ability to function independently
This is accomplished through range of motion and flexibility, strength training, posture and balance and coordination training.
“My time at Moving Forward Rehabilitation & Wellness Center has been so rewarding! My walking, balance, and endurance has improved so much! They are always pushing me to my limits and care about my achievements. My experience at the gym has been the best and I love going! ” ~Tammy