Continuing education after a SCI can be very stressful and intimidating but there are services provided by schools to assist with academic accommodations. If you have any questions regarding this Michael will talk to you about his experience and how to move forward with this process.




UWO – Services for Students with Disabilities

Student Development Services has staff members who specialize in assisting students with various disabilities to adjust to the university environment. These disabilities include, but are not limited to, vision, hearing and mobility impairments, learning disabilities, chronic illnesses, chronic pain, and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorders.

Contact Information:

  • Website:
  • Main Office: (519) 661-2147
  • Appointments: (519) 661-2147
  • Email:
  • Fax: (519) 850-2584


FANSHAWE – Accessibility Services

Counseling and academic accommodations are available for students with documented disabilities (including ‘non-visible’ disabilities such as learning disabilities, medical conditions, and mental illnesses). If you wish to identify yourself as a student with a disability, please complete the online Early Identification Form. Early identification helps to ensure we have your services and accommodations in place for the start of classes.

London Campus – Room F2010
Phone: 519-452-4282
TTY: 519-453-8617
Fax: 519-453-2826 (counselling services) 519-452-1592 (accessibility services)